As a first-time mom, everyone impressed on me the need for baby proofing, but nothing or no one could have prepared me for the joys and hazards of toddlerhood.
I’m convinced that a toddler’s motto should be: Keep up or there’ll be TROUBLE!
Toddlers are a slippery, sneaky bunch who will:
- Escape through the front door, and “politely” close it behind them
- Change your Facebook profile pic, while you handle the embarrassing fallout
- Hand you a diaper of poop, and congratulate themselves for being helpful
- Crayola your couch in red and blue, as your back is turned to them
- Fetch a heap of books to read just before bedtime, knowing you’ll have difficulty saying no
- Demand an “encore” for everything, and have a meltdown if they don’t get their way
- Use your cheque book as a drawing pad, and ignore the fancy art kit you bought for them
- Spill their dinner on the floor screaming,”fini,” while you agonize over another clean up
Raising a toddler is like celebrating Christmas, riding a roller coaster, having a root canal, getting a promotion, being pooped on, and eating your favorite meal … all at the same time … and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
What are your experiences with toddlerhood?